Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Perfectionism

This is something that is affecting my life.  At lease this is what I think at the moment.  I either study like a nerd, whole day, rushing things that is non study related. Even simply conversation with friends.  Or I'll fluently waste my time & rarely do something related to school. I hope the sum neutralize for the best.
Anyway,
slit lamp exam
Today I woke up early, practiced my presentation, which is unusual because I rarely feel the need to/ have the well or time. I attended clinic early as well. It was intravitreal injections day. It is a procedure in which a medication that suppress the growth of new blood vessel is being injected to the eye. It is commonly done for diabetic patients with advance diabetic retinopathies, where new blood vessels fill the retina & bleed easily.  Badly influencing the vision and even causing blindness. I practices lid eversion. I didn't know it is that difficult, or was it my fear of plucking  the poor man eyelashes ?
 I also, found out  the cause of my occasional eye pain is having dry eye! A doctor examined my eyes using slit lamp and fluorescein stain. My colleagues had fun learning on me & taking pictures.  We saw few patients. Then come my presentation time.  Hurray!! "Precise and thorough" with a big smile was my consultant's feedback. I was relieved.  It helped me gain my  appetite back and my separation anxiety seems to vanished.   
I spent the rest of the day reading in the blogosphere and relaxing. The girls are planning to visit our deceased friend family. I would love to see her sister who is also my friend, but the introvert mood kicked in . I was planning to start reading  for tomorrows seminar, four hours ago. But I guess I have to accept the reality and try to use the rest of the night wisely. Hopefully not watching a movie or lying purposely in bed.
Ooops my elective is in 5 months and I hadn't decide where yet! UK and Canada are freezing in January. I am considering "work the world", but I am afraid I am not that adventurous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment