Sunday, September 14, 2014

Elderly

 I met a lovely elderly women in the clinic today. She was charming to say the least. I was lucky I got to spend extra time with her as the real doctor was called for another consult. I was his nurse( taking the vitals, calculating BMI, and drawing blood) plus do the physical  exam.  As a reward he taught me a couple of things.
As she left, she looked me in the eyes and said : thank you child.

Then she opened her handbag and gave me a candy.  - and had to give the doctor too because he was feeling jealous😝-

That was the most sincere thank you I had ever received.
Moments like this, keep us going

P.S. Do you think it is okay to hug patient? I was like : aww you are so sweet,  can you be my grandma. 😁

Oh , and my answer would be no.

 8 hours later: I am still smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment