Monday, August 19, 2013

Weddings season


 
This weekend I attended  3 weddings and an engagement party. One of them was of a close friend and a flat
The progressive effect of glaucoma on the vision
mate that just graduated. So lovely and refreshing.  I also got my hair cut. It looks fabulous.  I couldn't stop taking pictures and it was hard convincing myself to sleep with such pretty hair.


School wise, I attended a  neurophthalmology clinic with a brilliant consultant. So brilliant in fact he made complicated topics sound really easy. Even better he took the initiative to teach us and made us do examination in turns in the most friendly way. Bless him. I am now comfortable dealing with slit lamp. I know my way through cornea, iris, anterior chamber and retina, thanks to him.

  Neurophthalmology deals with the nerve supply of the eye. Namely cranial nerve (CN) 2 to 7.  Each nerve has it is own function and hence specific pathology.  The optic nerve (CN 2) is  formed by the meetings of  millions of nerve fiber  making  the retina.  We can examine its function by checking the visual field, visual acuity ( how clear we see things), color vision and pupil function ( constrict in the presence of light and dilate in the dark).  There are many  conditions that affect  optic nerve from simple trauma, glaucoma to syphilis!

In a side note,  I got a chance to do the elective in Canada! But now I am doubting. Simply because of  my silly homesickness and it will be freezing there at the time of my elective.

In a second side note, I hadn't done much revision for the end of year exam, known here as the mini MD. Anxiety, unproductive type I guess, kicked in.

A third side note, I am considering taking a course in the British council. Very expensive one. And it is about 30 minutes from my hostel.  I am afraid it'll affect my budget for the elective. I seriously need to improve my English skills.

That is for now.

Have a nice time everyoneJ

No comments:

Post a Comment